So tonight Derrick and I wanted burgers and fries after an amazing leg day! So I know I've made turkey burgers earlier in the week, but they went pretty fast. And also, lately, I've had a thing for attempting sweet potato fries...both were pretty successful. So, ultimately we decided that we have burgers and fries for dinner..but with white potatoes. We knew it still had to be clean because we are in contest season. So here is what you need to know.
- Sweet potatoes cooked faster than the white potatoes, when cut the same thickness, and the oven to the same temperature.
- When baking potatoes, they won't come out crispy unless you rub a little oil before baking. The oil will crisp the outside of the potato, simulating a fried texture, but without all the grease. Another way to attempt a crisp outside is to turn on the broiler in your oven, which would also crisp, just watch closely so that it won't burn the potatoes.
- We, however baked and only sprayed the pan with non stick canola oil, then sprayed the top of the potatoes after laying them flat (in a single layer).
- Extra Lean Ground Turkey (Jenni-O)
- One onion
- One Green Bell Pepper
- White Potatoes (or if you prefer sweet potatoes)
- Kirkland's Signature No Salt Seasoning
- Garlic & Herb no salt seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut potatoes of your choice lengthwise in 3-4 parallel sections. Then flip the potato a quarter of the way over, so that the cuts are now horizontal. Now, cut another 3-4 sections lengthwise down the potato. It is your choice if you want to leave the skin on or peel it off before cutting into 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch pieces. Set aside. I set mine in a bowl of water to prevent from browning.
- Put foil in the bottom of a large enough cookie sheet or shallow baking pan. Spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Lay a single layer of the potato fries (or wedges) along the bottom of the pan. Spray a layer of non stick cooking spray on top.
- Bake for around 40-50 min. If not sure, pierce a couple of the potatoes with a fork to make sure it glides in easily. It should not get stuck or be firm. If it still is. Add time until done.
- Once cooked, sprinkle with desired seasoning. I used a delicious Garlic & Herb blend that utilizes no salt.
Turkey Burgers (96% Lean, 4% Fat)
- While the potatoes were baking, mix chopped onion, bell pepper, and Kirkland's Signature no salt seasoning in a bowl with the ground turkey.
- Each patty was measured to a desired oz. In this case, we made all burgers 4oz.
- Roll each sectioned piece in a ball and flatten to desired patty thickness. These patties do not have much fat, so they won't shrink as much as the typical burger when cooking.
- Grill maybe 5 min each side.
**Check out the finished product below. Enjoy! ***
Follow me on IG: @realladymonarch
AKA Lady Monarch
www.nfe.com | Use "Monarch" at Checkout for 5% off